Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I love being a foreigner :)


"Savor little glimpses of God's goodness and His majesty, thankful for the gift of them: winding pathways through the woods, a bright green canopy overhead, and dappled sunshine falling all around."

I just had to post another picture from my weekend in Belfast...this is at Giant's Causeway. Incredible. I know...I know...you all keep asking for more pictures and at some point I will take the time to post some, but right now it just seems like a waste of time when there is so much to see and do while I'm here! Perhaps when I get home and am yearning to be back here in the Emerald Isle, I will relive my trip and post some photos.

The last few days have been pretty normal...I know I say this all the time, but I LOVE IT HERE. And...I LOVE BEING A FOREIGNER! Yes...it is true. I haven't met one single American and I like that. It's so freeing to be in a place where no one really knows you and you are just consumed by an entirely different culture. I wasn't sure how I would take to doing this trip alone, but I am so incredibly thankful that I did. I am learning lots of things about myself...some things good, some things I think I should change, but all in all, it's amazing. My heart is so free and joyful here, my spirit is alive, I am constantly in awe of God's incredible handiwork all around me, from the sky to the sea. I think I should do this more often.

"The heavens tell of the glory of God. The skies display his marvelous craftsmanship. Dave after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known." -Pslams 19:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment