Monday, June 22, 2009

Now THIS is Ireland...


"There will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path...But this, far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb." -Sir Winston Churchill

Wow...the past few days have been amazing. Kristin and I went to visit Dun Laoghaire Evangelical Church, which was really fun....everyone was very nice and welcoming. Afterwards, we walked around Dun Laoghaire and visited a market that was going on in the People's Park down by the harbour. We bought some amber jewelry from Poland, so that was good. :) There was a Street Performance Championship event going on in Merrion Square, so we headed into the City Centre to check that out...but there were SO many people that we ended up visiting the National Gallery instead. It is an art gallery featuring the works of Irish artists from all time periods...pretty neat. We then headed home to eat dinner and ended up hanging out with Filippo the rest of the night. That guy...is...so...hilarious! We broke out our video cameras and documented most of the evening... by the end of the night my stomach was hurting from laughing so much. He has the most hysterical personality...I can't even explain it!

This morning, we went into the City Centre and took a day tour to Glendalough (pronounced Glen-da-lock). It was so pretty! We visited the Powerscourt Gardens, traveled through the Wicklow Mountains, stopped in Glendalough and the Wicklow Gap...where P.S. I Love You, Braveheart, and many other movies were filmed! Sooo beautiful. We came home and I dragged Kristin to do some freestyle dancing at my work...she wasn't too thrilled at first, but she admitted she had a good time :) I am so glad she is here visiting me...I am so blessed to have an amazing best friend.

Tomorrow we are going on a "hop on hop off" bus tour of Dublin...it stops at 23 different places and you just get on and off whenever you want. Should be an awesome time! Then...get ready for this one....WE ARE GOING TO SEE RIVERDANCE TOMORROW NIGHT! I am so so so excited, it's been a dream of mine to see them and now I get to! I can't wait. :) Until next time...Cheers!

"Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord...There He will teach us His ways, and we will walk in His paths." -Isaiah 2:3

No comments:

Post a Comment