Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What a gorgeous day...


"For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake" -Robert Louis Stevensen

Today was a beautiful day in Ireland. The sun was shining and it the weather was perfect! I spent some time out on the pavilion above Crunch Fitness, just admiring the harbor. I had a pretty simple day overall, went to work and had some testing done on me, which was fun :) I also spent a good part of the day just chatting with Robert and Marta, they are so fun to talk to. Robert informed me that when I am engaged in a conversation with someone else, I say "yeah" a lot...which is totally true. :) Him and Marta were trying to teach me a bit of Polish...yahk syeh mash? We also talked quite a bit about how different the gym clients in Ireland are from those in the United States, in terms of body type, exercise clothes, types of exercise they choose to do, etc. Later on in the day, I got to take part in Robert's body sculpt class, which was lots of fun! They offer so many different classes, I'm eager to take more of them.

When I returned home for the evening, Carmel had cooked some delicious dinner, and I ate and chatted a bit with Luca and Filipo. They invited me to go see Shakespeare's, "A Midsummer Night's Dream" this Friday night at Trinity College! I'll have to make sure I'm off of work, but it should be fun. I also received a call on my mobile phone from my good friend Emma up in Belfast. I get to go see her and her family this Saturday and spend the weekend up north! I wonder how different the Belfast area is from the Dublin area. Guess I'll find out. :)

"I am guiding you in the way of wisdom, and I am leading you on the right path" -Proverbs 4:11


2 comments:

  1. I want to know more about how "different the gym clients in Ireland are from those in the United States, in terms of body type, exercise clothes, types of exercise they choose to do"

    ReplyDelete