Sunday, June 28, 2009

It's a beautiful day...don't let it get away...




"If we never met again in our lives I should feel that somehow the whole adventure of existence was justified by my having met you." -Lewis Mumford

These photos are some of the people I work with at Crunch Fitness Premier!

Oh how time is passing! I cannot believe I only have 1 week left until I return to the States. Friday was a good day at work, I had an induction with a woman who was extremely nice so that was fun. Friday was also kind of sad for me...I had to say goodbye to Robert, who went on holiday for a week back home to Poland, and I will be gone by the time he returns to Ireland. He gave me a huge hug and I had to choke back my tears as he was telling me not to cry :) I am so thankful to have met him... I am inspired by his talents. "Dance and Love", he says. This was the first of many goodbyes I have yet to make......every good thing has it's end though, huh?

I worked until about 8, then came home and had dinner with Mary, Filippo, and Luca. We stayed around the table for hours, just chatting and laughing and enjoying each others company. I will truly miss these times.

On Saturday, I wanted to do some shopping and Filippo had nothing to do so we both went into the City Centre around noon. It was an absolutely beautiful day (yes, the U2 song kept running through my head all day! Oh and did you know that U2 actually owns a hotel right on the River Liffey here in Dublin?) so it was packed with people...especially Grafton street. I was able to buy a few things for some people, including my brother, whose birthday I will unfortunately miss this Tuesday. Filippo was so kind to put up with me the entire day...I really do not like shopping much and though I like buying things for other people, I am not the best at making decisions, I go back and forth and back and forth! Around 2:30, we headed over to Jacob's Inn, which is where the Irish Dance Party was being held. And yes, Filippo agreed to do this with me even though I told him he didn't have to :) I think he may have second guessed himself once he got there and realized there was about 40 women and he was the only guy... :) It didn't help that most of them were there from Scotland for a Hen Party (Bachelorette Party)...made things interesting for sure! We were taught a few steps and practiced to live Irish musicians. It was great fun! I also found a leprechaun and some four leaf clovers...but in a store, not in the wild, unfortunately!

We headed home on the DART around 5 because I needed to change and get ready because my work was having a going-away party for a few people that were leaving. Filippo cooked pasta (his specialty!) and pizza and him and I ate in the garden...the weather was lovely. I then headed into town to meet up with my co-workers. I will really miss them, my time there has been so rewarding and fun!

Around midnight everyone was kind of going their separate ways, so I headed down to catch the Nitelink bus home. Since the regular bus services end around 11:30, if you have to go anywhere after that, you must take the Nitelink, which comes every half hour. I wasn't sure where it stopped at so I asked about 5 people, who all pointed me in one of 2 directions. I finally thought I had it figured out, and right around 12:30, I saw the 7N bus coming my way. As I prepared to meet it...it zoomed right on by me! I started chasing after it, thinking it was stopping somewhere ahead...but no. I was really frustrated and confused and annoyed...and my feet were killing me. :) So...I ended up asking a taxi driver, who pointed me to a bus driver, who pointed me in the right direction. I hadn't been in the right place to board the bus, but I found the sign and waited there. While waiting, I started talking to a man from Dublin, he was very nice and we talked about many things and he kept me company on the ride home. I love meeting and getting to know random people that cross my path, it's delightful.

This morning, I went to Dun Laoghaire Evangelical Church again. I absolutely loved it...everyone is so warm and welcoming and it is refreshing to be surrounded by my family in Christ. The message was wonderful, it covered Romans 16. It was funny because that chapter is all about Paul sending greetings to his friends...so it would normally be one I would just kind of flip through, thinking it doesn't really apply to my life because it's pretty much a bunch of names. However, the pastor said that's what most people would normally do, but all scripture is God-breathed...so that means it is important, we just have to dig a little deeper. This chapter emphasizes the importance of the body of Christ and how we have to nurture those relationships, pour into and encourage each other, and make these relationships a priority. It also talks about the different types of ministry and how every part is valuable. God has each of us in a place to minister and love others, and it doesn't mean we all have to be pastors and that's the only way to do it...but each of us are in unique positions and roles in life to reach people of all walks of life. I think since I've been here, I've learned so much more about loving others like Christ loves us.

After church, they had a coffee fundraiser for some college aged students who are going to an island off the coast of Spain to reach out to other college aged students who vacation there. I ended up meeting a couple of guys my age, so that was neat. They had been to Kansas and to the International House of Prayer! They said they bought a car in California and took 6 weeks and traveled from the west coast to the east coast, zig zagging up and down and all over the country. What fun! :) Again...I love meeting people...like the quote by Edward E. Ford: "Meeting someone for the first time is like going on a treasure hunt. What wonderful worlds we can find in others!"

I can't wait to come back in May-ish (hopefully...right Mom and Joan!?!).

Today is an absolutely gorgeous day. We just had brunch in the garden and now I am going to catch up on a few things...like writing in my journal, I'm a few days behind...yikes! So yes...until next time...Cheers from the Emerald Isle!

"My dear brother and sisters, stay true to the Lord. I love you and long to see you, dear friends, for you are my joy and the crown I receive for my work." -Philippians 4:1

No comments:

Post a Comment