Friday, June 12, 2009

"Lucky for you, you look like an Irishman!"


"Adventure is worthwhile in itself" -Amelia Earhart

Ah...such a grand time I had today! I woke up and had a meeting with David Walsh, my internship coordinator, at 10:30. It was such fun talking with him, he pulled out a map and gave me the ins-and-outs of Dublin and the City Centre...where to go, where not to go, etc. It was so funny, when we were talking, he said I wouldn't have too much of a problem with pickpocketers because, "Lucky for you, you look like an Irishman instead of a tourist!"...I thought that was just too funny. :) I went to work at noon, and got to sit in on my first induction with a woman who had not visited the gym since September. We modified some exercises for her and ran through her workout with her so she could get the hang of it. It was a short day, and a rather slow one, so around 3:30 Robert and I went into the studio and he tried to teach me how to dance. Oh my...I look pathetic compared to him! It was lots of fun though...hopefully I will improve as time goes on. :)

I later met Luca at the DART station and we headed to Dublin to meet Filippo for the play, "A Midsummer Night's Dream". Before the play started, I had to go and buy a ticket, the guys already had theirs. Sadly...they were all sold out! Both of them offered to give theirs up to me, but I refused, since it was their idea in the first place. However...the sneaky Italians started talking to each other in Italian while we were walking down to the pub to grab some food, and so I obviously didn't know what they were saying, nor did I pay attention. All of a sudden, Luca said, "It is decided, Filippo will give you his ticket, he is tired anyways." I tried to argue but it was no use...they had already decided it in their Italian conversation! They are both so kind. We found a little pub and ordered fish and chips...this was my first experience with this famous "pub grub"! It was actually delicious...though if I were in the States (as most of you who know me, know) I would never order anything of the sort. But when in Rome...or Ireland... :)

After we finished eating, Luca and I headed towards Trinity College, which by the way, is absolutely beautiful. We met up with other Italian interns and though it was a bit chilly, we had such fun at the play...it was really funny! Afterwards, I headed home on the DART to pack and get ready for my trip to Belfast tomorrow. Oh what a day...so fun. I really am loving it here...I can't believe my time here is so short. :( Until next time...Cheers!

"I wait quietly before God, for my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken." -Psalms 62:1

No comments:

Post a Comment